Whilst I was at the development stage of processing a black & white 35mm film, for some unexplained moment of madness, I unscrewed the lid of the development tank and looked inside. Realising in an instant what I ad done I tried to beat the speed of light in replacing the lid. I didn’t. Now I know that the technique for producing a solarised negative involved exposing a film for a brief period during the development stage. I had tried it many times, with mixed results. This ‘accident’ has produced some really good solarised negatives, much better than any of my previous efforts of planned exposures.